Here is “how to install WordPress on a new website” with a step by step guide and this is the perfect solution you are looking for.
Blogging is easy and there are a lot of people making millions of Dollars from Blogging but to start Blogging you need a personal website which we definitely recommend having. And to create a website WordPress is the simple solution where you can customize your website the way you want. Now if you wondering how to start Blogging then you can click here to know more. And if you know this once you have a domain and a hosting service, all you have to do is connect these two. But what next? Now you have to install WordPress on your website so that you can fully customize it.
How to Install WordPress?
To install WordPress on a new website first you need a new website. So the question is how to create a website?
To create a new website follow these simple steps:
- Buy a Domain Name for your website from a popular and well-reputed vendor like Godaddy, Bigrock, etc.
- Now, get a Hosting service to host your content.
- Connect these two by updating the Nameservers from your DNS. You can ignore this step if you have purchased the domain and hosting from the same vendor.
- Now login to your hosting account and open Cpanel or Control panel.
- Install WordPress
- Customize your website the way you want it.
Now you know installing WordPress is an important and integral part of creating a website if you want to continue with WordPress obviously.
So, all you have to do is Install WordPress on your hosting and here we are with the step by step guide on how to install WordPress on a new website?
Please note that the pre-requisite here is that you need your Domain name connected to your hosting first.
Before we begin with how to install WordPress there are two methods mainly one is the manual method which is tough and the other one is through your hosting’s Cpanel.
How to Install WordPress Manually
This one is a bit complicated but it is manual and always working. So we want you to learn this method of installing WordPress whether you want to use it or not that is up to you.
- Go to wordpres.org and download the latest version of WordPress from there.
- now log in to your Cpanel from your hosting account and create a WordPress Database from MYSQL. MySQL is present in the database section.
- Then add a user to your database at least one because you will need it.
- Now, go to your FTP folder or File Manager and upload the downloaded WordPress file under public_html folder.
- Open your website in a new tab that will ask you to launch the WordPress
- It will ask you to create a wp-config.php file and all you will have to do is follow on-screen instructions and add a username password etc. And, once its all done click on the submit button.
- On the next page click on Run the Install and next enter details about your website and click on Install WordPress button.
- Now, you are all set to go.
As we have already mentioned, this one is a bit complicated method but you don’t need to worry as there is an alternative where you have to do a few clicks only and done.
Install WordPress from Cpanel
1. Login to your Cpanel
Cpanel stands for the Control Panel and it is the control panel of your website, yes it is. So how to get access to the control panel of your website? Well, all you need to do is to log in to your hosting account and simply you will get an option to log in to the control panel from there or you will be automatically redirected to the control panel once logged in. Its simple isn’t it? well, you haven’t done anything yet but you are a step closer to do anything.
2. Install WordPress
Yes, you are just one step away from installing WordPress now. Its quite simple than method one but you won’t learn anything here. So, use it if you are on a hurry otherwise, we recommend you to use method one only at least for the first time so that you learn how it’s done.
Now, just find website builder or Software installer option in the Dashboard of your Cpanel. There you will see WordPress and click on that. Now choose a website you want to install WordPress on. This will show a list of websites that are connected to your Hosting.
Choose the website you are building now and give it a username and a password.
This is important to choose a wise username and strong password as this is what will control your website in the future. Now just click on the install button and that’s it. You are all set to rock! Your website is ready and live.
Now just go to your website and add /wp-admin to the URL of your website and you will see something like this.
Simply log in with your username and password that you have entered and you are logged in to the Dashboard of your website.
This is how to install WordPress on a new website with the step by step guide. Installation is tough through manual method but you have the alternative method being quite easy but you also need to know that sometimes this may not work. So, it’s good if you learn the manual method. But once you have installed you can add themes and plugins to your website and customize it the way you want.
Let us know how did you install WordPress on your website?